The field of general dentistry is committed to the general health of the teeth and mouth as well as preventive treatments that can help prevent larger issues from occurring. Gentle Family Dentistry offers a wide variety of general dentistry services to help patients of all ages stay as healthy as possible.
- Biannual Exams – The best way to prevent larger issues from occurring is to catch them at their onset. When you commit to seeing your dentist every six months, they are able to track and note any changes that are happening in the mouth that could indicate additional issues.
- Oral Cancer Screenings – As part of your checkups and exams, your dentist can inspect the mouth for a potentially abnormal growth that could be indicative of cancer. Through screenings, dentists have helped save millions of lives since the mortality rate of oral cancer drops by 90% with early detection.
- Cleanings – Even the most dedicated to their oral hygiene routine can still use some additional help from their dentist. Everyday tools can’t remove the built-up plaque and tartar that can cause cavities and gum disease.
- Fluoride Treatments – Fluoride is an essential part of helping to strengthen the enamel as well as repair the enamel when it is attacked by the acids caused by plaque and tartar. For children, in particular, fluoride can drastically help improve oral health.
- Dental Sealants – This simple treatment helps to create a barrier between the biting area of molars and cavity forming acids. This preventive treatment has helped patients save thousands of dollars by preventing cavities that need to be filled.
- Custom Mouth Guards – Whether needed to fight against bruxism or to keep your pearly whites safe while playing sports, a custom mouth guard is a fantastic way to prevent future issues.